recent posts

Friday, 21 November 2014

Cheerful Birthday Card Using Avery Elle Stamps

Hi! This is gonna be a simple card made solely using Avery Elle stamps as I was super busy this week and this is really simple but pretty. :)


Avery Elle is definitely one of my favourite stamp brands. They make really good quality clear stamps and I could easily mix and match them to create an entirely different project and still looks good too. 

And as y'all know, I'm a colour addict and I'm addicted to this colour combi currently because they look so cheerful and happy together. They remind me of sunshine. 


So the first step is to create a mask. I used normal unwanted waste paper, stamped the greetings and the fussy cut it out.


I then stuck it down with removable adhesives on my panel and inked up the brush stamp with those 3 colours on alternate.



I then removed the mask and used my heat tool to dry those inks completely as I'm gonna heat emboss the greetings. I do not want the wet inks to retain my embossing powder.


I also used the EK Success powder tool to remove the static to ensure that the embossing powder don't stuck at unwanted areas.


I inked the stamp with versamark ink at the previously masked area and applied embossing powder over it, shook off the excess and heat it up. I also added some splatter with my black dylusion ink and added Ranger's Glossy accent over it.



  A close up look at the black sparkle embossing powder. I usually hate it when the glitters fall over the place, but in this case the glitters are locked down by the embossing powder which makes everything cleaner and tidier.


I then mount the panel on foam tapes on top of a black white card base and added some sequins in matching colours. 

This is the final look!


This is really a very simple and fast card to make. If you're thinking of mass-producing a card, this would definitely be a good choice. With different colour combination, it can be suitable for different genders.


video

Thanks for reading!








Friday, 21 November 2014

Cheerful Birthday Card Using Avery Elle Stamps

Hi! This is gonna be a simple card made solely using Avery Elle stamps as I was super busy this week and this is really simple but pretty. :)


Avery Elle is definitely one of my favourite stamp brands. They make really good quality clear stamps and I could easily mix and match them to create an entirely different project and still looks good too. 

And as y'all know, I'm a colour addict and I'm addicted to this colour combi currently because they look so cheerful and happy together. They remind me of sunshine. 


So the first step is to create a mask. I used normal unwanted waste paper, stamped the greetings and the fussy cut it out.


I then stuck it down with removable adhesives on my panel and inked up the brush stamp with those 3 colours on alternate.



I then removed the mask and used my heat tool to dry those inks completely as I'm gonna heat emboss the greetings. I do not want the wet inks to retain my embossing powder.


I also used the EK Success powder tool to remove the static to ensure that the embossing powder don't stuck at unwanted areas.


I inked the stamp with versamark ink at the previously masked area and applied embossing powder over it, shook off the excess and heat it up. I also added some splatter with my black dylusion ink and added Ranger's Glossy accent over it.



  A close up look at the black sparkle embossing powder. I usually hate it when the glitters fall over the place, but in this case the glitters are locked down by the embossing powder which makes everything cleaner and tidier.


I then mount the panel on foam tapes on top of a black white card base and added some sequins in matching colours. 

This is the final look!


This is really a very simple and fast card to make. If you're thinking of mass-producing a card, this would definitely be a good choice. With different colour combination, it can be suitable for different genders.


video

Thanks for reading!








.